Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Just one of the Guys or Queen of the Castle??

Some of you may be asking why I started this blog, especially those who know I already have another one. I, for the past few months, have been struggling with whether or not to have another third child. I have the two best, most awesome, fantastic sons anyone could ever ask for and my pregnancies were without complications and very enjoyable as well. So, why wouldn't I want to carry on the procreation of another little one? That is a question I have had for some time now! I would love to be pregnant again, I would love the idea of another little Chris/Jen combo growing inside me, the anticipation of meeting the little one, and I am not ashamed to admit the attention I get! I also welcome a new little one that is ours, that I can hold, feed, take care of and love unconditionally and watch him/her grow into something unbelievably greater than he/she already is. However, there are some things that I need to take into account. Chris and I always thought a family of four is a good fit. Chris WANTS to stop at TWO! We are also in our late thirties which is old enough and too old to be starting on a third child, I think. And yes, I know this is not a good reason to have another baby but I would love to have a girl too! There I wrote it, yes that was written. I love, love, love my boys but I always thought I would have a girl too that I could share things with, play dress-up, shop with, put on makeup with, you know girl stuff.
So, as much as I say I am sitting on the fence, I think we are leaning to not having anymore children. Correction- I think we are stopping at two. Can you tell this is very hard for me to accept, even though I know it is the right choice? Okay, so I am going to be a girl among many boys. I think that it is time to declare myself Queen of the Lawrimore Castle!

No comments:

Post a Comment