Friday, November 13, 2009

Mommy, are you happy to me?

Today I went to the Mom 2 Mom monthly meeting and it was about the power of your words. It was a good reminder of how your words can affect others and how others' words can affect you. So often I forget how my actions and words are very influential with Brice and Kinnon as well as others. I see it in Brice every day, more than every day. How he copies me, how he repeats my words, and now Kinnon is starting to repeat Brice's every move. When something falls down or something doesn't go my way and I say "Shoot!", Brice has repeated me. That is bad. When I am in a bad mood and quite snappy, this makes him go from boy who listens quite well to boy who is doing everything wrong just to get my attention. Then when I yell at him, am I yelling at him b/c he is really doing something wrong or is it b/c I am in a bad mood??
When he is doing something wrong and I repremand him, he never fails to ask me "Mommy, are you happy to me?" Well, sadly first thing I want to do is correct his grammar. But then I think of how cute he sounds saying it. Then I think what this question actually means to him. He wants me to be happy with him, he wants me to be proud of him, he wants attention. But, I can't help but wonder if he asks this when I yelling at him because I may be too harsh with him. I am afraid to ask him why he asks this, even though there is a good chance he may not be able to tell me. The good thing is when he says "Mommy, are you happy to me?", I always make sure he understands I am always happy with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment